Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Thanks - email from Kamalini Kanapathippillai.

I was wracking my brains for some time to pen a letter of gratitude
> that covered all my feelings towards you; my labours proved fruitless
> as I could never cover all what I wanted to say. Today I received this.
> It encompasses all my "want to says to you.".
> Thank you for your time.
>
>
> >To all my family
> >& friends I want to
> >THANK YOU
> >FOR YOUR TIME.
> >ONCE YOU
> >READ THIS
> >YOU WILL
> >UNDERSTAND!
> >A young man learns
> >what's most important in life from the guy next door.
> >It had been some time since Jack had seen the old man. College,
> >girls, career, and life itself got in the way. In fact, Jack moved
> >clear across the country in pursuit of his dreams.
> >There, in the rush of his busy life, Jack had little time to think
> >about the past and often no time to spend with his wife and son. He
> >was working on his future, and nothing could stop him.
> >Over the phone, his mother told him, "Mr. Belser died last night The
> >funeral is Wednesday." Memories flashed through his mind like an old
> >newsreel as he sat quietly remembering his childhood days.
> >"Jack, did you hear me?"
> >"Oh, sorry, Mom. Yes, I heard you. It's been so long since I thought
> >of him. I'm sorry, but I honestly thought he died years ago," Jack said.
> >"Well, he didn't forget you. Every time I saw him he'd ask how you
> >were doing. He'd reminisce about the many days you spent over 'his
> >side of the fence' as he put it," Mom told him.
> >"I loved that old house he lived in," Jack said.
> >"You know, Jack, after your father died, Mr. Belser stepped in to
> >make sure you had a man's influence in your life," she said
> >"He's the one who taught me carpentry," he said. "I wouldn't be in
> >this business if it weren't for him. He spent a lot of time teaching
> >me things he thought were important...Mom, I'll be there for the
> >funeral," Jack said.
> >As busy as he was, he kept his word. Jack caught the next flight to
> >his hometown. Mr. Belser's funeral was small and uneventful He had
> >no children of his own, and most of his relatives had passed away.
> >The night before he had to return home, Jack and his Mom stopped by
> >to see the old house next door one more time.
> >Standing in the doorway, Jack paused for a moment. It was like
> >crossing over into another dimension, a leap through space and time
> >The house was exactly as he remembered. Every step held memories.
> >Every picture, every piece of furniture....Jack stopped suddenly.
> >"What's wrong, Jack?" his Mom asked..
> >"The box is gone," he said
> >"What box?" Mom asked.
> >"There was a small gold box that he kept locked on top of his desk I
> >must have asked him a thousand times what was inside. All he'd ever
> >tell me was 'the thing I value most,'" Jack said.
> >It was gone. Everything about the house was exactly how Jack
> >remembered it, except for the box.. He figured someone from the
> >Belser family had taken it.
> >"Now I'll never know what was so valuable to him," Jack said. "I
> >better get some sleep. I have an early flight home, Mom."
> >It had been about two weeks since Mr. Belser died Returning home
> >from work one day Jack discovered a note in his mailbox. "Signature
> >required on a package. No one at home. Please stop by the main post
> >office within the next three days," the note read.
> >Early the next day Jack retrieved the package. The small box was old
> >and looked like it had been mailed a hundred years ago. The
> >handwriting was difficult to read, but the return address caught his
> >attention. "Mr. Harold Belser" it read. Jack took the box out to his
> >car and ripped open the package. There inside was the gold box and
> >an envelope.
> >Jack's hands shook as he read the note inside.
> >"Upon my death, please forward this box and its contents to Jack
> >Bennett. It's the thing I valued most in my life." A small key was
> >taped to the letter. His heart racing, as tears filling his eyes,
> >Jack carefully unlocked the box. There inside he found a beautiful
> >gold pocket watch.
> >Running his fingers slowly over the finely etched casing, he
> >unlatched the cover. Inside he found these words engraved:
> >"Jack, Thanks for your time! -Harold Belser."
> >"The thing he valued most was...my time"
> >Jack held the watch for a few minutes, then called his office and
> >cleared his appointments for the next two days. "Why?" Janet, his
> >assistant asked.
> >"I need some time to spend with my son," he said.
> >"Oh, by the way, Janet, thanks for your time!"
> >"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the
> >moments that take our breath away,"
> >Think about this. You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.
> >1. At least 2 people in this world love you so much they would die for you.
> >2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
> >3. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they
> >don't like you.
> >4. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
> >5. You mean the world to someone.
> >6. If not for you, someone may not be living.
> >7. You are special and unique.
> >8. When you think you have no chance of getting what you want, you
> >probably won't get it, but if you trust God to do what's best, and
> >wait on His time, sooner or later, you will get it or something better.
> >9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good can still
> >come from it.
> >10. When you think the world has turned its back on you, take a
> >look: you most likely turned your back on the world.
> >11. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.
> >12. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the
> >rude remarks.
> >13. Always tell someone how you feel about them; you will feel much
> >better when they know and you'll both be happy.
> >14. If you have a great friend, take the time to let them know that
> >they are great.
> >To everyone I sent
> >this to " Thanks for your time".
>
>

No comments: