Saturday, May 18, 2013

Marggie and Winnie - email from Kamalini Kanapathippillai


> KNOWING WHAT MAGGIE WAS LIKE THIS COULD BE TRUE.

>
> While visiting the United Kingdom , Winnie Mandela was invited to a
> cocktail party which was also to be attended by Margaret Thatcher.
>
>
> When Winnie saw the ex-prime minister on the other side of the room,
> she barged past everyone, spilling the drinks of several invited guests
> on the way. Winnie elbowed her way to Maggie, stood brazenly in front
> of her and declared, "I hear they call you the Iron Lady!"
>
> "I have been referred to by that name, yes," replied Maggie, peering
> down her nose at this impudent upstart, "And whom, may I enquire, do I
> have the honour of addressing?" asked Maggie icily.
>
> "I am the iron lady of South Africa!" bragged Winnie, waving her fist
> in the air.
>
> "Oh, yes," replied Maggie dryly. "And for whom do you iron?"
>
>

No comments: