Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Carpenters - Jambalaya

Jambalaya (/ˌdʒʌmbəˈlaɪ.ə/ jum-bə-ly) is a Louisiana Creole dish of Spanish and French influence. It is also, with the spelling jambalaia aprovençal dish.
Jambalaya may have been created in Louisiana and may have its origins in Spanish paella, even if there is a dish also called jambalaia inProvence, southern France, that is also a mash-up of rice, chicken and saffron and that has been identified by Frederic Mistral in his Provençaldictionary, in both figurative and culinary meaning. Jambalaya is traditionally made in three parts, with meat and vegetables, and is completed by adding stock and rice.


"Jambalaya (On the Bayou)" is a song written and recorded by American country music singer Hank Williams, Sr. that was first released in July 1952. Named for a Creole and Cajun dish, jambalaya, it spawned numerous cover versions and has since achieved popularity in several different music genres.
Wikipedia




Please click on each of the web-links below with your speakers on:-

Lyrics - "Jambalaya (On The Bayou)"


Goodbye Joe me gotta go me oh my oh
Me gotta go pole the pirogue down the bayou
My Yvonne the sweetest one me oh my oh
Son of a gun we'll have big fun on the bayou
Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and fillet gumbo
Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio
Pick guitar fill fruit jar and be gay-o
Son of a gun we'll have big fun on the bayou

Thibodaux Fontaineaux the place is buzzin'
Kinfolk come to see Yvonne by the dozen
Dress in style and go hog wild me oh my oh
Son of a gun we'll have big fun on the bayou
Settle down far from town get me a pirogue
And I'll catch all the fish in the bayou
Jambalaya and a crawfish pie...

Later on, swap my mon, get me a pirogue
And I'll catch all the fish on the bayou
Swap my mon, to buy Yvonne what she need-oh
Son of a gun we'll have big fun on the bayou
Jambalaya and a crawfish pie...

No comments: