Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Jalaluddeen Rumi


Rumi had a more loving,  gentle approach to Islam compared to the fanatical extremist approach that many people in the Middle East share today. He seems more SPIRITUAL rather than FANATICAL RELIGIOUS. He is esoteric and nonliteral in his poetry and seems to believe that God's love is so infinite .. He says things like "the ego is a veil between man and God' and "What you seek is seeking you"  and "women is the light of the Divine" which is very beautiful compared to the typical misogynist attitude many men have towards women have today. Like Jesus peace be on him he says: "Knock and the door will be open." Like Siddhartha Gotham AKA Buddha, he says "Look within for peace" and look- today's Guru, Deepak Chopra says the same thing. He does not seem religious although he does believe in God. I wonder if he is actually a Muslim and if this is really HIS quote since a lot of his work has been forged and played around with: "I belong to no religious. My religion is love. Every heart is my temple" and "I looked in temples, churches, and mosques, but I found the Divine in my heart" Or maybe he is religious but believes that not everything in Islam is meant to be taken literally and that the way to follow God is just through love, not by strict set of rules. It's almost as if he says, (the way to follow Religion in general is NOT to follow religion at all, ironically. You can follow it if you want, but God loves you regardless) <

When I die...RUMI




No comments: