Monday, May 11, 2015

Buddy Reid, email.

Forwarded message ----------
From: "Buddy Reid" <buddygreid@hotmail.com>
Date: May 11, 2015 5:39 PM
Subject: Sorry
To: "Duru Kumara" <durukumara@gmail.com>
Cc: 

Dear Duru,
I am very sorry to say that the condition of my fractured wrist is such that
I won't be able to attend the reunion. I have to undergo another short procedure on 18th May.
The surgeon says that I would need 3 months of hand therapy following this. Currently the disturbing fact is that I have less than 10 degrees of supination of the forearm and a very weak grip.

I have given Travis and Lucien copies of the accompaniment for a song where I have written appropriate words for the occasion.  I have also sung some parts on this CD so I could join them (from a distance) in this song.
I deeply regret being unable to meet my old friends and join more in the music. Please convey my regards to Sam the Man who was one year senior to me at S.T.C.   I would have dearly loved to play my clarinet with his saxophone.

Please cancel the  booking you made for me at Jetwing Blue. As I have given 4 weeks notice, there should be no penalty if this can be done immediately.
Once again, I am very sorry. I hope I have better luck next time.
Buddy

No comments: