Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hats off to Lawyers.

 Forwarded message ----------
From: "J. K. S. Weerasekera"


The Help The Needy Volunteer Organisation  noted that it had never received a donation from the
city's most successful lawyer.

So one of them pays the lawyer a visit.  'Our research shows that  your annual income is
over two million dollars
 but haven’t given anything to charity. Maybe you would care to contribute something  to your community through the Help The Needy?'

The lawyer takes a deep breath and says,

'First,
did your research also show you that my mother is dying after a long, painful illness
and she has huge medical bills that are far beyond her ability to
pay?'

The volunteer
  mumbles, 'Uh... no, I didn't know that.'


'Secondly,' says the lawyer,
' did it show that my brother, a disabled
veteran, is blind and confined to a wheelchair and is unable to
support his wife and six children?"

The H.T.N. rep begins to stammer an apology…….


'Thirdly,
did your research also show you that my sister's husband
died in a dreadful car accident, leaving her penniless with a mortgage
and three children, one of whom is disabled and another that has
learning disabilities requiring an array of private tutors?'

Completely shaken, the volunteer apologises, 'I'm so sorry.
I had no idea
!'


And the lawyer says,




'So, if I didn't give any money to them, what
makes you think I'd give any to you?


No comments: