Wednesday, August 4, 2010

email from Sujiva

Dear Philip,
I enjoyed your book and so did my niece who I lent it to. In many ways you have had an interesting and emotionally satisfying career with a fair share of quirky experiences ("Is the prisoner fit to be hanged at 8 am?" when you had spent the night saving him from dying!). Looking back now that it is over, the war added to your experience though it was not what you would have chosen to happen. We were safe in Australia but my life would be a dull read.I was interested in your comments on religion. I think the religious divisions are a good example of the Sufi story of "The blind men and the elephant". None of the warring factions have seen the elephant.
I enjoyed the reunion very much and thank the hard work you and the organizing committee put in to make it happen so well.
RegardsSujiva

No comments: