Monday, August 9, 2010

email from Piyaseeli

Hello Philip,
I have finished reading about 2/3rds of your book. I found it very interesting to read. It made me wonder why we dont put into writing some of our (all our batch mates)experiences, We ofcourse have worked in the wilderness in Srilanka for a good length of time.
I was wondering whether it would be a good idea for us to circulate interesting, hilarious expieriences we have faced during our medical career, just an odd one at a time. It will keep us in touch with everyone.
I too worked in Barnsley , GH in 1992 as a locum consultant in GU medicine & worked for 3 days at Sheffield ,Royal Hallamshire hospital, & 2 days in Barnsley.I was stationed in Barnsley.& travelled by train in the morning & got a lift back from a worker in the hospital vesper.I was reminded of the latter when reading your book. One thing that struck me was the poverty. Almost all the women who were employed as nurses had husbands who were laid off work.I will certainly read your book to a finish. One other thing , Tissa speaks of a souvenir 2 . Is it the same as the book Friends, memories...or a different one?
Piyaseeli

No comments: