Sunday, March 7, 2010

emails from Karals and Buddy.

1. Kapu has consented- Assa is writing on coconuts, I have fulfilled all tasks by being a pest! We could not have had a better presentation than that by Buddy on Murali. Philipo, your blog site on Sri Lanka is super-well done. Karals

2. Hello Nalini,

I would like to make a presentation at the clinical meeting entitled
"The applied anatomy and biomechanics of Muralidharan's bowling arm."
I would need a microphone, amplifier, loudspeaker and a CD PLAYER which could be attached to the amplifier.

Here is my abstract -


In 1995 Umpire Darrel Hair no-balled Muralidharan 6 times for throwing during the Boxing Day Test Match between Sri Lanka and Australia. A Sri Lankan born surgeon who witnessed this event and who was from the 1960 batch was called upon to medically examine Muralidharan's right arm and the legality of his bowling action as he was a medico-legal examiner for the Victorian Workcover Board.

Today's presentation is a description of the biomechanics of the bowling action and the reasons for the optical illusion resulting in the "No Ball" call.
Buddy Reid
P.S
I am doing this because I am being pestered by Karals.

Hey Karals,
As you are now a world famous figure, I hope you would be producing something really poisonous at the clinical meeting.
Buddy




No comments: