Sunday, August 30, 2009

Letter from Happy Aponso's son to Sarath Kapuwaththe

FW: A small Note
InboxX

Reply

kanthi kapuwatte

to me
show details 7:04 PM (10 hours ago)



To: kanka_kapuwatte@hotmail.com
Subject: A small Note
From: SAponso@qvc.com.qa
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 11:54:32 +0300


Dear Uncle,

I was glad to see the 1960 Medical Batch Pics. It also brought some wonderful memories of my Child hood, where I attended along with my Father & Mother for these get together.

I remember very well the Kandy one, and that was sort of the last time I met Uncle Motilal who was a very close friend of Thaththi's. In fact he was his best-man.

I also remember how you passed comments on my father saying that he had made the right choice by enrolling me as a Thomian rather than a Josephian. I can not forget Uncle Jeri’s skit as well.

However, times have passed, and the memories linger, well I never ended up being a Doctor, but I am in Qatar and had been out of Sri Lanka for the last 8-10 years.

Thaththi had a cologne cancer in 2007, and he was operated. This year by April he was weak and he had a slurring speech.

This prompted us to get him checked again, and he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Dr Colvin operated on him. In fact on his 70th birthday exactly. It was a 12-hour over night operation at Navaloka.

Though he recovered from the initial OP, after about 5-6 hours, he started bleeding. They did open up again, however he did not recover after that. He was in a coma for 8 days and he was on life support right through. On the 3rd of May he passed off. Thank you so much for the publishing the obituary on the Web,

Also when I saw the pics of you on the web, I knew how much time had passed since I last saw you.

Anyway, hope some day when I come to Colombo I may bump on to you. Who knows could be even at a ROY-THO. By the way I am heading the Doha Thomians, and this year we thrashed Doha Royalists on Cricket & Rugby both. Just a bit of infor for an Old Thomian

Take care
& Gob Bless



Happy’s son
(Anton as he was called in the UNI)
Suresh Aponso.
Qatar Vinyl Company Ltd Q.S.C.
Procurement Section (Shipping & Logistics)
Tel: +974-4765761 (Direct)
Tel: +974-4765888 (Switch Board)
Fax:+974-4765714



No comments: